Monday, February 05, 2007

Pale Rider

My friend (and across-the-board "enemy") Eric Shoemaker of the Reno Chess Club has renamed his blog Pale Rider (formerly The Sage in the Tower) and redone the theme and contents to reflect a Clint Eastwood-like 'gunfighter' approach to chess. Very interesting, Eric!

He also has a blog of his best games, but since it's not linked anywhere except his profile page it's probably gone unnoticed by the chess world--until now.

He has some interesting stories to tell about his chess career, and competing in the U.S. Amateur Teams on a squad that included the superb chess writer IM John Watson and the noted IM Cyrus Lakdawala. I hope I can get him to share some of them on the blog.

3 comments:

Edwin 'dutchdefence' Meyer said...

Hey there Robert! I just came across your weblog and i noticed you've got me listed on your sidebar. You should've dropped me a note or something, as i feel a reciprocal link is in order. I will add you to my sidebar right away. I'll also add you to my feedreader so i can keep track of your posts. As for myself and blogging, i'm on hiatus for the time-being. But i guess you were allready aware of that.

Take care!

Robert Pearson said...

Thanks! We look forward to your return.

Edwin 'dutchdefence' Meyer said...

And that i will! For sure! But i really cannot give any indications as to when...