Friday, August 17, 2007

No Game Last Night

My wife was sick so I stayed home to take care of my son, which was kind of a bummer. Not taking care of my son, that is, but missing a week. Playing my weekly tournament game is something I really look forward to, a nice break from work (though I'm lucky enough to have a job I enjoy), childcare, commuting and fixing up the house, which I would guess consume about 90 percent of my life. A real tournament chess game once a week is a treat.

Meanwhile, in other Reno Chess Club-related blogger news, Eric Shoemaker aka Pale Rider took his Club Championship Semi-final all the way to the second set of tie-break games before finally going down 3.5/4.5 against Bill Case, who was rated about 120 points higher. A good tough match. Bill Case now goes on to face defending champ Terry Alsasua in the final.

Here and there:

This BCC post has some vitriol in the comments which livens things up considerably...I mention that "We need a "Caoili" in the mix here to make it just perfect..."

We need one here, too!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Hot DAMN! Nice Caoili :)

Anonymous said...

is one of the labels that never become outdated. Designing by ed hardy sale one of the best tattoo artists that ever lived, these clothes will clearly deposit the suffering of time- trend sensible. cheap ed hardy Being able to buy clothes that are considered to be forever in tailor is indeed challenging. ed hardy online shop The key to this feat is actually unadorned. ed hardy swimwear You must forever reminisce that in shape, ed hardy hats it is very important that the designs are well-thought of, ed hardy sunglasses and reflects all types of personalities. ed hardy belts If a consumer relates to the mode, then you can be assured that the individual will always feel at diminish with what he is tiresome. ed hardy mens This is the debate why you should actually christian audigier think about what clothes fit your own form before selling them.