Monday, October 13, 2008

Back in the Game (?)

Thanks so much to those of you who have left a comment or just stopped by the last few weeks.

When I promised an update "next week" I didn't say which next week, right? Heh. Anyway, the short version is that in the last four weeks I have gotten a great new job and moved my family back to my former domicile in Alaska. While I certainly could have found 10 minutes somewhere in there to update the blog, well...I didn't.

When I stopped playing OTB tournament chess in the summer I felt a certain lowering of the intensity in my drive to blog and use blogging to try and improve; even though I'm now back ot enjoying some blitz on FICS and may even play in the fabulous Tournament of the LEPers III, I'm not sure where the blog is heading, now.

Hey, I still love chess and I wanted you, Dear Reader, to know that I'm okay, doing great in fact. When I have more to say, I'll be back here to say it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A 'great' new job in Alaska. Congratulations! I hope governour Palin is a friend of yours. :-)

Unknown said...

Hi Robert, glad you're doing well. I'm actually moving next year also, but am not sure where yet, it depends on which Graduate College I'm going to.

I'm done with Chess Blogging. I'm actually bored with chess these days and need to walk away from the game. Too many other things I want to do. But I will still read the blogs as they are entertaining at times. I'll still come back to the game from time to time, but right now, I want to do other things with my life.

I don't see me blogging again, I'll probably just play.

Blue Devil Knight said...

Congrats. My break from blogging was very recuperative. I was sick of chess anyway so why blog?

Once I started to get back into chess, the urge to write hit, but now I don't care about statistics or how often I post, which is a nice freedom.

wang said...

Hmm...Glad I didn't go to the Western States Open and try and find you then :D I hope all is well with you Robert and look forward to hearing from you soon.

transformation said...

pray tell, what job is it? another job connected to state government?

you did NOT fly through SEA-TAC or Seattle Tacoma airport without calling me, asking if i come by for a moment to salute you there?

sounds very promising. Warmly, dk

Anonymous said...

hello robert,happy to know you from chess lovers from indonesian.
i'd like with your article.
survivors on the new job.